BOLD OVER BATIKS!
EXTRAORDINARY BATIK FABRIC
What Makes Our Batiks So Special
- Highly experienced Batik artists handcraft
each piece. While each
piece is unique, the designs and colors are repeatable. All fabrics
are named and numbered, so you can order another piece like it.
- This fabric is NOT produced on bolts....each piece is made "one-at-a-time".
- The highest quality cotton, wax and dyes
are used to make these Batiks.
- This work is a collaboration between Malaysian
artists and Bold Over Batiks! The fabric is made exclusively
for Bold Over Batiks!; all designs are copyrighted.
THE BIRTHPLACE OF THESE BATIKS - MALAYSIA
THE PEOPLE - BEHIND THE SCENES
These artists have done batiking for generations.
- Great skills and many steps are required to make
these extraordinary Batiks. The skills of batiking are being passed
down to the next generation.
- Many people are involved in making each piece. Each
Batik travels from one place to another . . . from one family to another.
As a result, many of the artists are able to work at home and be with
- The craftspeople are paid fairly for their work.
"NO SWEAT SHOPS!"
THERE ARE BATIKS . . . .AND THEN THERE ARE BATIKS!
Each piece is a work of art, more intricate than most
Batiks. An amazing amount of work goes into making EACH PIECE:
- Each of these Batiks has been stamped 100 times
or more with wax.
- Up to 12 different stamps ("tjaps") are
used on each piece.
USE OF WAX
- Several pounds of wax have been applied to the fabric.
Before the Batik is finished, all of this wax is boiled away and washed
extensively to remove any wax residue.
TIME REQUIRED TO MAKE ONE
- It's difficult to say exactly how long it takes to make one piece.
For sure, each piece is in process for at least two weeks before it
Your support helps keep this tradition alive and
ensures its practitioners a fair livelihood from their art.
All designs are
and copyrighted to BOLD OVER BATIKS!™.
Bold Over Batiks!
Based In St. Paul, Minnesota
Call: (651) 917-0432